SaaS Forecasting Tool
Four year financial model template for Excel or Google Sheets for SaaS or subscription business for consumer, SMB, midmarket, or Enterprise SaaS-style revenue models. The model uses inputs such as future growth rate, churn rates, average revenues, CAC, contract and billing cycles, and builds out a full set of SaaS metrics, including revenues and deferred revenue recognition, MRR and LTV. Used by pre-seed and Seed stage companies.Download Template
- The free SaaS Model is the simplest structure of the models for forecasting SaaS businesses.
- Built to help entrepreneurs understand the mechanics behind forecasting a SaaS business, and to be able to compare how the different types of SaaS businesses work, in a package that is easy to use, easy to edit, and easy to understand.
- Creates a forecast of acquisitions, retentions, bookings, billings, revenues, acquisition costs, cost of goods sold, CAC and LTV, and is easy to use for Consumer, SMB, Mid Market, and Enterprise SaaS businesses or any recurring subscription revenue models.
How to use the template?
- 1. Each sheet is independent of each others, and all can be safely deleted to only keep the sheets you want to use.
- 2. Any number in blue with a grey shaded background is an input (i.e. an assumption or data point that can be changed) and anything in black is the result of a formula. Change blue at will and change anything in black with caution.
- 3. All cells and formulas are unlocked - as in all Foresight models - so that you can make edits as needed and completely understand what is going on.
- 4. All assumptions are illustrative only, do not assume they are market data or standard.
- 5. As with all templates, feel free to create your own model from scratch, using this as a guide.
- 6. The model is constructed to fit a wide variety of businesses, and therefore, some sections may or may not be relevant to yours. Sections on all sheets are grouped together so that you can review different sections and see all the possibilities, but also easily hide the sections not relevant for you. Simply click on the "+" button on the left-hand side to unhide a section, and click on the "-" button to hide it.
Visit Foresight to get more instructions and videos on how to use the model.
Yes! This is absolutely free for you to download and use.
We will always keep your personal information safe.