- What is Supermetrics?
- How to Install Supermetrics In Google Sheets?
- How to Use the Supermetrics Add-on for Google Sheets?
- How to import data from your tools into Google Sheets?
If your marketing strategies make use of multiple channels, you know keeping track of them and bringing the data together for analysis can be stressful and time-consuming. Each channel has its unique interface and functionality, so even exporting the data you need can be challenging. As the name suggests, Supermetrics is a powerful tool for working with marketing metrics, which allows you to access and query all your marketing data from Google Sheets.
In this article, you will learn about Supermetrics for Google Sheets, an add-on that allows you to connect to multiple channels so you can make the most of your marketing data. You will learn how to use the add-on to connect to a data source, create a query, add a template, and create triggers to refresh your data automatically.
What is Supermetrics?
Supermetrics for Google Sheets is an add-on that allows you to connect to multiple channels to make the most of your marketing data with advanced reporting and analytics. Supermetrics offers a 14-day trial, so you can try it out before committing to a paid plan.
You can connect to 80+ data sources from Google Sheets, including the following:
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Insights
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics 4
- Google BigQuery
- Google Search Console
- Instagram Insights
The number of sources you can connect to depends on your chosen pricing plan, but for the Supermetrics Google Sheets add-on, the Essential plan includes 10 data sources in the list above. If you need more, you can upgrade to a better plan or add individual sources for an additional monthly fee of $29.
How to Install Supermetrics In Google Sheets?
There are two ways in which you can install Supermetrics: by accessing the Google Workspace site or via Google Sheets. In the first case, follow the instructions to install the add-on and allow access to your Google account. Let’s now explore the second option.
How to install Supermetrics from Google Sheets?
If you have your Google Sheets open, you simply need to follow this step.
- 1. Go to Extensions > Get add-ons and search for “Supermetrics” in the Google Workspace Marketplace.
- 2. Once there, simply click on “Install”.
Discover the best free Google Sheets add-ons to have to save time, improve your productivity, and take your spreadsheets to the next level.READ MORE
How to Use the Supermetrics Add-on for Google Sheets?
Follow the instructions below to start using Supermetrics for Google Sheets.
Connect to a Data Source
The first thing you need to do is connect to a source of data so you can start creating queries and building reports.
- 1. In Sheets, go to Extensions > Supermetrics > Launch.
- 2. You will see the sidebar on the right. Click on the button circled in red to access the menu (see screenshot below).
- 3. The menu offers various options, including “Manage data source connections”.
- 4. There are 80+ data sources available, so it’s a good idea to use the search box provided.
- 5. For this example, I will connect to “Twitter Public Data”.
- 6. Now, I just need to log in to connect to my Twitter account. Follow the instructions to connect to your chosen data source.
Create a Query
Now that you’ve connected to your data, it’s time to create a query to import some of those metrics to Google Sheets.
- 1. In the sidebar, click on “Create new query”.
- 2. Since I’ve only connected to one data source so far, it has been selected by default, but you can easily switch to a different one. Click on “Report configuration”.
- 3. For this example, I will build a simple query - “Twitter tweets by keyword” - using only one keyword: “supermetrics”. I will also limit the results to 50 tweets that have been posted recently.
- 4. Next, click on “Select metrics” and choose from the drop-down. For this example, I will select “Likes” and “Retweets”.
- 5. Click “Split by dimensions” to choose how to structure the data in Sheets. In this case, I will select “Split to rows”, as I want the values for each metric to be in the same column.
- 6. For this example, I will select “Date & time”, “Twitter name”, and “Tweet”.
- 7. You can also add filters and configure more advanced options, but I’ll keep it simple for this example. Click on “Get Data to Table” to start the import. You will see a progress summary of the query’s status.
- 8. Once the query has been executed, you will see the data in your Sheets tab, as well as a summary of the query.
- 9. Click on the three dots in the query summary to edit, duplicate, or delete the query.
How to Use IMPORTDATA in Google Sheets
Google offers multiple options to import data from external sources. Here’s how to use IMPORTDATA to import .csv and .tsv files from a URL into Google Sheets.READ MORE
To add a template, click on the main menu button on the Supermetrics sidebar, then on “Open template gallery”.
Hover over the template you want to use and click on “Add template”. You can use your own custom templates by providing the URL where the spreadsheet is stored.
In the sidebar, click on the “Schedule” tab at the top, then click on “Add trigger”. You can also click on “Manage triggers in all your files” to view all the triggers you have configured.
You can configure multiple aspects of the refresh, including specific days and/or times.
If you click on the “Action” dropdown, you can select the frequency with which data is refreshed and emails are sent.
How to import data from your tools into Google Sheets?
Layer is an add-on that equips you with the tools to increase efficiency and data quality in your processes on top of Google Sheets. Share parts of your Google Sheets, monitor, review and approve changes, and sync data from different sources – all within seconds. See how it works.
Using Layer, you can:
- Share & Collaborate: Automate your data collection and validation through user controls.
- Automate & Schedule: Schedule recurring data collection and distribution tasks.
- Integrate & Sync: Connect to your tech stack and sync all your data in one place.
- Visualize & Report: Generate and share reports with real-time data and actionable decisions.
Limited Time Offer: Install the Layer Google Sheets Add-On today and Get Free Access to all the paid features, so you can start managing, automating, and scaling your processes on top of Google Sheets!
As you have seen, Supermetrics for Google Sheets offers a simple but powerful way to bring all your marketing metrics into Google Sheets. Supermetrics provides connections to a great variety of data sources, allowing you to gain insights into your strategies and create meaningful, data-driven reports.
You now know how to install and use Supermetrics for Google Sheets to get the most out of your metrics. You know how to connect to a data source, create a query, add a template, and create data refresh triggers.