- What is Sheetgo?
- How to Use Sheetgo?
- Getting Started with Sheetgo Connections
- What is a Connection in Sheetgo?
- Creating and Automating Sheetgo Workflows
- Understanding Data Transfers in Sheetgo
- Top Sheetgo Alternatives
- Sheetgo Pricing
- Sheetgo Use Cases
- Sheetgo Best Practices
Sheetgo is a cloud-based data management platform that helps you automate and streamline your data transfer process. With Sheetgo, you can easily import and export data from and to different sources, such as Google Sheets, CSV, and Excel files. Sheetgo’s recent acquisition of Layer has expanded its automation technology, making it an even more powerful and versatile solution. This guide will provide a comprehensive overview of Sheetgo, including its key features, benefits, and use cases.
What is Sheetgo?
Sheetgo is a data management platform that enables you to transfer data between different sources and destinations. With Sheetgo, you can easily import data from various sources, such as Google Sheets, Excel files, and CSV files, and export it to a different destination, such as Google Sheets, Excel files, and CSV files. Sheetgo also offers advanced features, such as automated data transfer, data management tools, and integration with other tools.
Benefits of Using Sheetgo
- Saves time and effort: Sheetgo automates the data transfer process, saving you time and effort.
- Improves data accuracy: Sheetgo ensures that your data is accurate and up-to-date by automating the data transfer process.
- Enhances collaboration: Sheetgo allows you to collaborate with team members, improving communication and productivity.
- Increases efficiency: Sheetgo streamlines the data transfer process, increasing efficiency and reducing errors.
Who Can Use Sheetgo?
Sheetgo is ideal for individuals and organizations that need to transfer data between different sources and destinations. Sheetgo is suitable for various industries, including finance, sales and marketing, and human resources.
Overview of Key Features
- Automated data transfer
- Data management tools
- Integration with other tools
- Advanced data transfer options
How to Use Sheetgo?
Sheetgo provides a flexible and efficient solution for managing and transferring data. You can use Sheetgo in three different ways - the Sheetgo add-in for Excel, the Sheetgo add-on for Google Sheets, and the Sheetgo web app. Each of these options offers a range of features that cater to different needs and preferences.
Sheetgo Add-in for Excel
Sheetgo's add-in for Excel makes it easy to create, manage, and schedule data transfers while you work within an Excel workbook. With the add-in, you can create connections to other files, split and merge data, apply custom filters, and manage your connections in workflows. To use the Sheetgo add-in for Excel, simply open an Excel workbook and go to Insert > Get Add-ins.
Sheetgo Add-on for Google Sheets
The Sheetgo add-on for Google Sheets provides similar functionality as the Excel add-in. You can use the add-on to create connections between Google Sheets files and others, split and merge data, apply custom filters, and schedule automatic updates. To use the Sheetgo add-on, open a Google Sheets file and go to Add-ons.
Sheetgo Web App
The Sheetgo web app provides a central platform for managing and automating your data transfer processes. With the web app, you can create and manage connections between compatible file types, connect files stored on different cloud storage platforms, use all features including Merge, Split, and Filter, install spreadsheet-based templates with pre-built connections and dashboards, and view, manage, and share your automated workflows.
Getting Started with Sheetgo Connections
In Sheetgo, a connection is established when you link a data source to a destination file. With Sheetgo, you can easily connect different file types stored in different cloud storage platforms. Once you have created a connection, you can schedule automatic transfers, copy data between files, and manage your connections in workflows.
What is a Connection in Sheetgo?
A Sheetgo connection is a link between a data source and a destination file. The data source can be one or multiple spreadsheet tabs or a BigQuery table, and the destination can be one or multiple spreadsheets. Sheetgo connections work like copy-pasting, so the data in your source file remains intact, and you have data traceability in your workflow.
Compatible File Types
Sheetgo works with various file types, including Google Sheets, XLS, XLSX, CSV, and TSV, stored in Google Drive, SharePoint, OneDrive, or Dropbox. If your source file is not yet online, you can set up a backup and sync system to save your desktop files to the cloud.
Sheetgo offers various connection types, including Simple connection, Merge, Merge from a folder, Split, Cross cloud, and Bigquery. Each connection type serves a different purpose, making it easier for you to copy data between files.
How to Create a Sheetgo Connection?
- 1. Open Sheetgo and select New Workflow.
- 2. Choose one of the solutions displayed, or search for it using the search bar.
- 3. Select the source file and tab from which to copy data.
- 4. Choose the destination file and tab, or create a new file if necessary.
- 5. Click Finish and save.
How to Edit a Sheetgo Connection?
- 1. Open Sheetgo and select a workflow.
- 2. Go to the Overview and locate the connection you want to edit.
- 3. Click on the menu (⋮) next to the connection and select Edit.
- 4. Make the necessary changes to the connection.
- 5. Click Save changes and run the connection to see the changes at the destination.
When sharing a Google Sheets spreadsheet Google usually tries to share the entire document. Here’s how to share only one tab instead.READ MORE
Creating and Automating Sheetgo Workflows
What is a Sheetgo Workflow?
A Sheetgo workflow is a series of connections that work together to automate a process in your business. This can be anything from financial reporting, sales tracking, or automated emails. Workflows can range in size from a few connections between spreadsheets to a complex system of hundreds of interconnected files. With Sheetgo, it's easy to organize and automate your spreadsheet connections.
Features of a Sheetgo Workflow
- Manually update or schedule automatic transfers.
- Share with co-workers to manage automated processes.
- Duplicate a workflow to replicate processes quickly.
- Connections inside the workflow update in sequential order for a logical flow of data.
How to Create a Sheetgo Workflow?
- 1. Open Sheetgo and select New workflow.
- 2. Click "Start connecting files" or search for a solution in the search bar.
- 3. Choose the source file and tab to import data from.
- 4. Select the destination file (existing or new) and tab.
- 5. Click Finish and save.
How to Update a Sheetgo Workflow?
- Run all connections in the workflow by clicking the Run button in the Workflow view.
- Update just one connection by clicking the blue circle with a checkmark in the middle.
- Update the entire workflow from the Overview by clicking the blue circle with the checkmark in the middle.
Sheetgo provides different options to automate your workflow:
- On form submission
- On workflow run
- Scheduled automation trigger: multiple times a day, once a day, or once a month
Understanding Data Transfers in Sheetgo
What is a Sheetgo Transfer?
A transfer is the process of moving data from a source to a destination via a Sheetgo connection in a workflow. The transfer works like copy-pasting, where data is copied from the source to the destination, but the source remains intact. This allows for full data traceability. If you want to keep previous data transfers in your destination file, you can enable the Append feature.
What is a Sheetgo Source?
A source can be a single tab in a spreadsheet, a CSV or TSV file, or a BigQuery table. On the other hand, a destination can be any location where the data is sent, including a tab in a spreadsheet, a Google Docs file, a PDF, or an email address.
Sheetgo Transfer Usage
Sheetgo offers different transfer plans with varying transfer limits per month. The free 7-day trial plan offers 1000 transfers, while the Professional plan offers up to 1000 transfers per month. The Business plan offers 1500+ transfers per month, and the Enterprise plan offers unlimited transfers per month. The Free plan offers 99 transfers per month. Check out our pricing section below for more information.
A simple connection will use one transfer every time it's updated, either manually or automatically. A Merge connection that consolidates multiple files into one will use the same number of transfers as the number of source files. A Split connection that sends data from one source to multiple destinations will use the same number of transfers as the number of destinations.
Sheetgo also has smart features that prevent unnecessary updates, saving you transfers. For example, activating the check generated documents or check email recipients settings helps to avoid repeating processes for existing data entries. The consumption-based subscription model also helps automate your workflows, saving you transfers.
Top Sheetgo Alternatives
When it comes to data management, there are many options available. Sheetgo is a popular platform that provides an efficient solution for automating and streamlining the data transfer process. Sheetgo recently acquired Layer, a Google Sheets automation add-on, expanding its spreadsheet automation capabilities. This makes Sheetgo an even more powerful platform, combining the technology of both companies for increased spreadsheet automation features. However, depending on your needs, other alternatives can suit your requirements. Here are some of the best alternatives to Sheetgo.
- Microsoft Power Automate: A data management platform that provides automated data transfer and management capabilities.
- Zapier: A data management platform that enables you to transfer data between different sources and destinations.
- IFTTT: A data management platform that enables you to transfer data between different sources and destinations and automate various tasks.
- Workato: A cloud-based integration platform that enables you to automate workflows and integrate with various tools.
- Integromat: A data management platform that provides automated data transfer and management capabilities, including advanced data mapping and scheduling features.
- Tray.io: A cloud-based platform that provides a comprehensive solution for automating and managing data transfer and integration with other tools.
- Automate.io: A cloud-based platform that enables you to automate workflows and integrate with various tools.
- Talend: An open-source data integration platform that provides a comprehensive data transfer and management solution.
- Jitterbit: A cloud-based platform that provides a comprehensive solution for automating and streamlining the data transfer process, including advanced features such as data mapping and scheduling.
- Skyvia: A cloud-based data management platform that provides automated data transfer and management capabilities, including advanced features such as data mapping and scheduling.
In conclusion, the above alternatives provide efficient and comprehensive solutions for data transfer and management. It's essential to consider your specific needs and requirements when choosing a solution, such as the type of data you're working with, the number of sources and destinations you need to transfer data between, and your budget.
By carefully evaluating each solution, you can choose the best option for your specific needs and requirements and ensure that you're able to manage your data efficiently and effectively.
If you work with important data in Google Sheets, you probably want an extra layer of protection. Here's how you can password protect a Google SheetREAD MORE
Sheetgo offers four different pricing plans to suit different needs and budgets. Each plan comes with a different set of features and benefits to help you manage your data efficiently.
- Free Plan: This plan is recommended for personal usage and is completely free of charge. The free plan includes 99 Smart transfers per month, 20+ pre-built solutions, and the ability to connect with Google Drive, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Dropbox. You can also create connections with Google Sheets, Excel, and CSV files, generate Google Docs and PDFs, and use Sheetgo Forms.
- Professional Plan: This plan is recommended for single professionals and starts from $22 per month, billed at $264 per year. It includes everything from the free plan, plus 500 Smart transfers per month, basic support and onboarding, automatic transfers up to once a day, and the ability to connect different file types and cross-cloud files. It also includes BigQuery integration, transfer sheet formatting, and the ability to append to keep historical data.
- Business Plan: This plan is recommended for small and mid-sized teams and starts from $77 per month, billed at $924 per year. It includes everything from the Professional plan, plus 1,500 Smart transfers per month, standard support and onboarding, automatic transfers up to every 15 minutes, and smart workflow triggers. It also allows you to remove Sheetgo branding.
- Enterprise Plan: This plan is recommended for large teams and organizations and is customized to your specific needs. It includes everything from the Business plan, plus unlimited Smart transfers per month, premium support and onboarding, and a custom solution package, including custom solution development, solution care, follow-up with data consultant professionals, and account manager support.
Sheetgo offers a range of pricing options to suit different needs and budgets, with the free plan being a great option for personal use and the Enterprise plan being tailored to large organizations.
Sheetgo Use Cases
Sheetgo is a versatile tool that can be used in a variety of different scenarios. In this section, we'll introduce you to some of the most common use cases for Sheetgo, so you can get an idea of how it can help you manage your data.
- Transferring data between spreadsheets: One of the most common use cases for Sheetgo is to transfer data between spreadsheets. With Sheetgo, you can easily transfer data from one spreadsheet to another, eliminating the need for manual data entry.
- Consolidating data from multiple sources: If you work with data from numerous sources, Sheetgo can help you consolidate that data into a single spreadsheet. This makes it easier to analyze and manage your data.
- Automating data updates: Sheetgo can be used to automate data updates, so you don't have to manually update your spreadsheets every time your data changes.
- Sharing data between teams: If you work with a team, Sheetgo can help you share data between team members so everyone can access the same information.
- Integrating data with other tools: Sheetgo can be synced with other tools, such as Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel, allowing you to transfer data between these tools and manage your data more effectively.
- Streamlining data-driven processes: Sheetgo can streamline data-driven processes, such as invoicing, expense tracking, and others, making it easier to manage these processes and save time.
- Improving data accuracy: By automating data transfer and updating, Sheetgo helps improve the accuracy of your data, reducing the risk of errors and ensuring that your data is up-to-date.
- Enhancing data visualization: Sheetgo can help improve data visualization by transferring data to a single spreadsheet, making it easier to create charts, graphs, and other visualizations that help you understand your data.
Sheetgo Best Practices
Sheetgo is a powerful tool for automating and streamlining the data transfer process. However, to get the most out of Sheetgo, it's important to follow best practices to ensure your data is managed efficiently and effectively. Here are some of the best practices for using Sheetgo.
- Regularly review your workflows: To ensure that your workflows are accurate and up-to-date, it's important to check them periodically. This helps you catch any errors or inaccuracies in your data and ensure that your workflows are working as intended.
- Use the data management tools: Sheetgo offers a number of data management tools that can help you manage your data more effectively. Be sure to take advantage of these tools to help you organize and manage your data efficiently.
- Regularly back up your data: To ensure that you have a copy of your data in case of data loss, backing up your data regularly is crucial. This helps you protect your data and avoid any potential data loss.
- Utilize filters: Using filters can help you manage your data more effectively by allowing you to only transfer the data that is relevant to you.
- Use the version history: Sheetgo's version history feature allows you to view past versions of your workflows and data, making it easier to track changes and revert back to previous versions if needed.
- Use error handling: To ensure that your workflows are working as expected, set up error handling in case of any unexpected errors.
- Automate data transfer: Use Sheetgo to automate the data transfer process, reducing manual effort and increasing efficiency.
Sheetgo is a cloud-based data management platform that provides a comprehensive solution for automating and streamlining your data transfer process. With Sheetgo, you can easily import and export data from and to different sources and destinations, such as Google Sheets, Excel files, and CSV files.
Sheetgo also provides advanced features, such as automated data transfer, data management tools, and integration with other tools. Due to the acquisition of Layer, Sheetgo is now more powerful than ever, combining the technology of both companies to save you time and make your life easier. Whether you're an individual or an organization, Sheetgo is an ideal solution for managing your data efficiently and effectively. Sign up for Sheetgo today to easily automate and manage your existing processes by creating custom workflows.